Before You Start
Make sure you have the following
- Administration access to TopAccess of each device you will configure
- A StratoQ account that is enabled and has an open device license
- Administration access to app.stratoq.com
A Note on Cloning MFPs
For installations with many MFPs the on-site service tech will typically configure one MFP, create an image of that MFP, and use that image to clone the remaining MFPs. Due to the unique nature of StratoQ Device URLs, cloning will result in partially configured devices. Customization on each MFP must be done after the clone operation.
Our recommendation is to do the following
- Configure the StratoQ SSL certificate on the MFP as described below
- Create the clone image and clone all of the MFPs
- Configure each device according to the instructions below
Check a few Settings
Because the StratoQ application is hosted in the cloud, the devices will need to have internet access in order for the app to load. Before configuring the device please check the following
- The DNS server that is configured in TopAccess allows for access to stratoq.com. If you're unsure, you can always use a public DNS server such as 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168. To change the DNS server go to Administration > Setup > Network > DNS Session.
- The proxy server that is configured in TopAccess must allow bidirectional communication over HTTPS between the MFD and https://www.app.stratoq.com. The proxy server is configured in Administraion > Setup > EWB.
Both the "Scan to External Controller" and "WS Scan" options need to be set to Enabled in the Administration section.
If you are using a third-party application to control access to the device and role-based authentication is used, make sure that the user's role allows for a remote scan and print job.
Configure the EWB app
The StratoQ application requires each MFP to have a unique URL to connect to the server (known as the "Device Secret"). The device URL is different for each MFP. You'll need the URL for each device and a TopAccess connection to the device.
Before doing any of this you'll need to create the device within the StartoQ admin portal.
After you've created the device at StratoQ.com, you'll need to add the application to each device.
- Log in as admin to TopAccess on the MFP and go to Administration > Setup > EWB
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you find "URL list for Menu Screen and Hard Button" and click "Add"
- Paste the Device URL into the field.
BE SURE THERE ARE NO LEADING OR TRAILING SPACES IN THE URL FIELD! If you cut and paste, be sure you do not accidentally get a space (" ") in front of or at the end of the URL when you paste it into the URL field.
Click "Save" and you should be at the previous screen but see the new URL registered.
If the Single Sign On (SSO) option is enabled for the customer, then also configure the "Server Registration Setting:
- Paste the device URL into the Server Registration field.
- Then Click "Add".
Double check that the two URLs match each other and that there are no leading or trailing spaces in the url field.
Add Registration Button
Now that the MFP is configured to know about the StratoQ application, we need to configure a button to allow a users to invoke StratoQ from the MFP panel. You could of also assigned the StratoQ app to one of the physical buttons in the previous step.
- In TopAccess go to Administration > Registration > Public Menu
- Select one of the available menu items and click Extension
- Select the StratoQ application
- Click Save
Go to the device, select the user menu and select public and you should see the "StratoQ" icon. Click on the icon and it should take you to the StratoQ main page. Have some end user start StratoQ, log in and print a file.
Configure SSL Certificate
Note: This step is not necessary on EBN devices with the updated firmware
StratoQ requires HTTPS connections for all interactions with the Cloud Server. The Toshiba MFPs require a copy of the StratoQ SSL Certificate to be installed on the MFP to avoid error messages about unrecognized servers.
Obtain the SSL Certificate File
Download the certificate and save it on the computer that will be used to configuring the MFP with TopAccess. There is also a downlink link for this certificate in the Devices section of the StratoQ admin portal.
Install Certificate on MFP
1: Click on "Security" under the "Administration" tab
2: Select "Certificate Management"
3: Scroll down to the bottom of the screen until you see the "CA certificate" section, and select "Choose File":
4: Browse to the stratoq-ssl.crt file and select it for uploading using your browser's file chooser.
5: Click "Upload" and you should then see the Certificate listed:
6: Click "Save" at the top of the window:
You may now delete the stratoq-ssl.crt file from the computer running TopAccess.